The Plantation Island Resort General Manager role is an island based position reporting to the Group CEO. We are offering an attractive salary and bonus package to secure the right person. You will also enjoy a range of executive benefits including accommodation, meals, boat transfers and medical insurance.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished Resort General Manager who can provide effective day to day management, along with strong leadership and strategic direction. We will want you to be inclusive and collaborative, ensuring that you are always looking to develop your staff.
- Guest focus at all times with an eye for detail, always seeking to improve the guest experience.
- Providing effective mentoring, coaching and support to your management team to further develop the resort leadership group.
- Achieving ongoing improvements through innovation and teamwork, while maintaining a high level of staff productivity and morale.
- Overall financial responsibility for the performance of the business.
- Maintaining product and service quality standards and initiating corrective action as required.
- Project management – the resort has significant ongoing development plans.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation pertaining to the resort operations.
We are seeking an inspirational and experienced resort professional, who shares our desire for continual improvement. You will have both the drive and the ability to position your property as best in class.
You should have extensive experience in an expatriate environment attuned to working with various cultures.
Our core company values are Integrity, Accountability, Commitment, Teamwork, Respect and it is expected that you will have similar personal values.
Professional Specification & Qualification:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at GM level, ideally in the South Pacific and/or on an island property;
- Results oriented with demonstrated success in delivering tangible improvements in resort presentation, products and service;
- Experience in resort refurbishment / redevelopment projects;
- Effective and inspiring leadership that builds high performance, results oriented teams;
- Collaborative yet decisive management style;
- Demonstrate pride, humility and ambition;
- A high level of integrity with excellent career referees;
- Relevant training and education qualifications and/or industry accreditation.
- Please attention your application to Group CEO, Raffe Hotels and Resorts, and provide a brief cover letter along with your CV.
- Please note only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.