The Group Executive Chef leads and supports kitchen management teams across all properties
to develop and deliver consistently exceptional dining experiences in all outlets through
leadership of menu development, development and implementation of required internal processes,
policies and procedures to ensure legislative and food safety compliance and management of food costs,
and team up-skilling and training.
Key performance indicators for this role include monthly food costs, food revenue, guest satisfaction feedback and compliance audit results across all properties.
- Lead development of menus across all properties that consistently deliver tasty, nutritious and value for money dining options, ensuring options are available to meet dietary and cultural requirements.
- Ensure every menu maximises utilisation of local produce and products with signature dishes available that reflect our location and culture.
- Ensure menus reflect seasonal changes and specials to provide variety of options for guests.
- Monitor dining trends both domestically and internationally to ensure our dining options remain current and meet international standards.
- Oversee training and development plans and initiatives in conjunction with the Executive Chefs and Senior Manager Learning and Capabilities.
- Mentor the kitchen management teams to improve business and financial acumen.
- Lead recruitment for senior kitchen positions, ensuring current knowledge of local talent and participation in industry forums and events.
- Review and monitor supplier agreements, ensuring quality, consistency and value for money is provided.
- In conjunction with Purchasing, identify new suppliers and complete supplier site inspections and contract negotiation.
- Monitor food costs across all properties to ensure they remain in line with budgets and forecasts, implementing corrective action as required.
- Monitor labour costs, working with kitchen leadership teams to take corrective action as required.
- Develop and implement kitchen policies and SOPs across the group that ensure consistency in product presentation, techniques and quality.
- With kitchen management teams, review weekly guest feedback comments and scores, developing and maintaining corrective action plans as required.
- Advanced internationally recognised culinary qualification.
- Minimum 5 years senior leadership experience of a large, multi-outlet kitchen team.
- International hotel or resort kitchen operations leadership experience.
- Proven ability to create innovative, delicious, and nutritious menus that reflect current international dining trends.
- Experience in development and implementation of kitchen policy, SOPs and systems.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Business acumen including P&L analysis and revenue generation.
- Must have experience of HACCP systems and implementation.